18. Creamy Chicken and Vegetable Stew
- 40 oz, boneless, cooked (yield after skin removed) Roasted Broiled or Baked Chicken (Skin Not Eaten)
- 2/3 cup, fluid (yields 2 cups whipped) Whipping Cream
- 3 tablespoons Unsalted Butter Stick
- 3/4 cup, chopped Sweet Red Peppers
- 1/2 cup, chopped Onions
- 2 14.5 oz cans Chicken Broth, Bouillon or Consomme
- 2/3 each Bay Leaf
- 8 oz Mushroom Pieces and Stems
- 17 oz Asparagus
- 1 cup Green Snap Beans
- 3 tsps Thyme
- Remove chicken meat from the bones and skin. Cut or tear into bite sized pieces and place into a bowl and set aside.
- Place cream in a small saucepan and cook over medium heat until thick and reduced by half, 5 to 7 minutes. While cream reduces, melt butter in a medium saucepan over high heat. Sauté bell pepper and onion until softened, about 3 minutes. Add broth and bay leaf and bring to a boil, cooking until reduced by half, about 10 minutes.
- Add mushrooms, chopped asparagus and trimmed and cut green beans to the broth and cook until tender, about 7 minutes. Add reserved chicken and simmer on low until heated through, about 3 minutes.
- Turn off heat and stir in reduced cream and thyme. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Whether you’re feeding a family or cooking for one, you can update the serving settings above to reveal the required amount of ingredients.
- If your super market carries them, try this stew with a freshly smoked rotisserie chicken for added flavor.