While it is true that breakfast is the most important meal of the day, living up to it is easier said than done due to various probable reasons. Some are just not morning people at heart. Others might have gotten bored with the typical eggs and toast, and the rest lack time to prepare.
Whether you relate to any of the three reasons, this page has got you covered. The eight following quick yet healthy breakfast recipes will certainly have you inspired to gather your cooking tools and shop at your nearest grocery store. That is, of course, if you currently don’t have the listed ingredients in this post. So, have fun checking out what we have prepared for you because they all taste amazing.
1. Iced Vanilla Latte
Of course, by morning energy, we mean a tall cup of iced vanilla latte. Whether you are studying, working, or on leave claiming online casino bonuses, it will help you focus on whatever tasks you have.
Items needed and directions:
- Fill three to six ice cubes in a tall glass.
- Mix one cup of cold strongly brewed coffee, 1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk, two tbsp of vanilla syrup, and ground cinnamon.
2. Blueberry Oatmeal Smoothie
Or, if you are not into any caffeinated beverage, we have a refreshing blueberry oatmeal smoothie that also complements a strict diet. In fact, it’s a superfood drink because blueberries have high levels of gallic acid.
Items needed and directions:
- Rinse 2 cups of fresh blueberries.
- Combine 10 ice cubes, 1/2 cup Greek yoghurt, 1/2 cup rolled oats, 1/4 pineapple (chopped into chunks), 1 cup almond milk, and 1 large banana in a blender. Mix them until smooth and creamy.
3. Fruit and Yoghurt Smoothie
If blueberries are not enough, then this bolder fruit party-themed smoothie might interest you.
Items needed and directions:
- Mix 1 large banana, 1 cup strawberries, 1/2 tsp sugar, 1/3 cup pineapple juice, 1 1/2 tsp orange juice, 1 cup milk, and 1/2 cup yoghurt in a blender until creamy and smooth.
4. Avocado Toast with Egg
Eggs and toast are dull, but you can bring more colour and healthiness to them by adding some earthy, nutty but fresh avocado.
- 1 slice whole-grain bread, toasted (1.5 oz)
- 1 large egg
- cooking spray
- 1 oz mashed, 1/4 small avocado
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Cut the avocado in half lengthwise. Take out the large seed, and scoop out the avocado flesh. Transfer it to a small bowl and mash it using a fork. Then, season it with salt, pepper, and lemon juice to taste.
- Cook your preferred type of egg (e.g. hard/soft boiled, scrambled, sunny-side up, etc).
- Butter the bread and toast it over a skillet or oven.
- Spread the mashed avocado over the toasted bread. Top it with the egg, and season them again with salt and pepper.
5. Crispy Chicken Sandwich
Of course, we wouldn’t dare to forget the crowd’s favourite: the crispy chicken sandwich. It’s juicy, tender, and of course, plain easy to prepare.
- 4 leaves romaine lettuce
- 1 large tomato, sliced
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp ground paprika
- 4 whole wheat buns, toasted
- Vegetable oil
- Combine paprika, garlic powder, and flour in a shallow bowl. Coat the chicken breasts with the mixture.
- Heat oil in a pan over medium heat. Cook the chicken breasts in batches until golden brown.
- Butter the buns and toast them over a skillet or oven.
- For each bun, layer one chicken breast, three to four tomato slices, and one to two lettuces.
6. Fish Fillet Sandwich
Fillets are among the most popular cuts in various types of meats, especially for fish. Like the crispy chicken sandwich, what better way to put them than in between two toasted buns?
- 2 whole-wheat sandwich buns, split, toasted
- 4 fish fillets
- Cos lettuce
- 1 tbsp pickle relish
- 1/3 cup fat-free mayonnaise or salad dressing
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 slices mozzarella cheese
- Put the flour, eggs, and breadcrumbs into three separate semi-shallow bowls.
- Coat the two sides of all fish fillets in flour, eggs, and breadcrumbs in this order.
- Cook the fish fillets either in an air fryer or oil in a pan over medium heat until golden brown.
- Using a fork, combine mayonnaise and relish in a small bowl.
- Toast the bun over a skillet or oven.
- Layer the mayo and relish mixture on each bun. Add the fish fillets, cheese, and cos lettuce.
7. Egg Fried Rice
Eggs are one of the world’s most commonly used ingredients, but beyond the typical fried and buttered versions, they actually complement fried rice.
- 500g cooked fragrant rice or just rice
- 100g frozen peas
- Bunch of spring onions, chopped
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 large free-range eggs, beaten
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- Heat oil in a large pan over medium heat. Stir-fry spring onions for one minute. Add the peas and cook again for another minute. Put the rice and mix them well together.
- Create a space in the middle of the rice to add the beaten eggs. When its bottom starts to cook, quickly coat them over the rice.
- Add soy sauce, salt, pepper, and sesame oil to taste.
8. French Toast
If there comes a day where you are up for a sweet treat in the morning, you can never go wrong with a French toast. This recipe gives you an option whether or not you want to add whipped cream.
- 6 slices of wheat loaf
- Whipped cream, optional
- 6 tsp vanilla extract
- Maple syrup
- 60g powdered sugar
- 85 ml full-fat milk
- 3 medium eggs
- 30g butter
- Whisk together the eggs, milk, vanilla extract, and maple syrup in a large bowl.
- Soak each wheat loaf in the mixture for at least three to four minutes.
- Heat the butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Fry the egg-soaked loaves until golden brown or the edges are crunchy.
- Serve on a plate. Savour this smooth and sweet taste while you enjoy playing games with online casino bonuses.