1. Simple Vegetable Stew
- 1 15 onz can of chickpeas, drain and rinse.
- 1/2 cup mince onion
- 1/2 cup mince red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 3 medium carrots cut in rounds
- 1/4 cup La Morena Chipotle Sauce
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon tomato paste
- salt and pepper to taste.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 tomato chopped
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- In a heavy bottom pan heat to medium heat, add oil, onions,tomato and bell pepper, cook for 3 minutes, add the rest of the ingredients including the chipotle sauce, ketchup, water, and tomato paste, low the heat cover and cook for 10 minutes.
- Once ready add salt and pepper to taste, cilantro and let it cook for 3 more minutes, in the meantime toast some bread, I personally love bolillo bread, you can find this bread in latino specialty stores, but you can use any one of your preference.
- Also if you like a lot of spice in your food, you can perfectly use the entire can of chipotle sauce.