There is a saying that breakfast is ‘the most important meal of the day’, and for a good reason. As the name implies, it breaks the overnight fasting period by boosting your energy levels and metabolism. In the long run, it promotes overall better health.
While it is extremely crucial for everyone, not everybody can do it. There are some who just don’t wake up in the morning, others lack the time to chime in on some preparation, and, perhaps, the rest are just simply uninspired to make a meal.
Well, this is what we are here for. Whether you relate in any of those three cases, our four easy yet healthy breakfast ideas will get you excited to fuel that morning energy to proceed with your daily chores, complete work tasks, learn about cryptocurrencies, or carry out an exercise.
1. Blueberry Oatmeal Smoothie
Behind that luscious smoothie is actually a superfood drink that contains blueberries, banana, and Greek yogurt. The foremost ingredient is rich in antioxidants and has high levels of gallic acid.
- 1/2 cup of Greek yogurt
- 1 large banana
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1/4 pineapple, chopped into chunks
- 1/2 cup of rolled oats
- 10 ice cubes
- Rinse the berries.
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and mix until smooth and creamy.
2. Iced vanilla latte
Ah, yes! Every day is always a good day for an iced vanilla latte. That sound you make by shaking the cup is always a good treat.
Ingredients and directions:
- In a tall glass, fill three to six ice cubes.
- Mix one cup of strongly brewed coffee (cold), 1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk, ground cinnamon, and two tbsp of vanilla syrup.
3. Avocado toast with egg
Eggs are such a versatile ingredient. From fried, scrambled, boiled, and poached, each tastes heavenly good and healthy.
- 1 slice whole-grain bread, toasted (1.5 oz)
- cooking spray
- 1 oz mashed, 1/4 small avocado
- 1 large egg
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- Butter the bread and toast it over a pan or oven.
- Using a fork, mash the avocado in a small bowl. Then, season it with salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat a small amount of oil in a pan. Cook the egg depending on your desired type.
- Spread the mashed avocado over the toasted bread, top with egg, and season again with salt and pepper to your liking.
4. Fruit and yogurt smoothie
If you want a bolder smoothie packed with different fruits, we recommend you try this recipe. This is easy to make and quick to finish. Say that if you want to chill as you read your favourite novel, watch TV shows, or learn about cryptocurrencies, this is an ideal drink for multitasking.
Ingredients and directions:
- Blend 1 tbsp milk, 1/2 cup yogurt, 1 1/2 tsp orange juice, one banana, 1/2 tsp sugar, 1/3 cup pineapple juice, and 1 cup strawberries in a blender until smooth.