1. Instant Pot Vegetable Beef Stew
- 2 Tbsp bacon grease, oil or unsalted butter
- 2 – 2.5 lbs stew meat
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 1 large onion, diced
- 3 potatoes, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 14.5 oz can green beans, drained
- 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 packet onion soup mix
- 4 beef bouillon cubes
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 Tbsp kitchen bouquet
- 2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 6 cups water
- salt & pepper to taste
- Fresh Parsley
- Turn instant pot to saute on high. Once hot, add your choice of cooking fat and then brown the stew meat in 2 batches, remove and set aside.
- Add carrots and onions to the pot and cook for 5 minutes. Add browned stew meat, diced potatoes, garlic, drained green beans, tomatoes with juice, corn, peas, onion soup mix, bouillon cubes, bay leaf, kitchen bouquet, Worcestershire sauce and water to the instant pot.
- Turn the pot off and then back on and then make sure the valve is set to closed. Press the stew button and set the time for 35 minutes. After it is done pressure cooking, allow it to naturally release pressure for 10 minutes. Manually release the rest of the pressure after 10 minutes and then season with salt and pepper to taste and serve with chopped fresh parsley.
- Enjoy! We love it served with grilled cheese!